Rules & Regulations
- No one shall make or permit disturbing noises in the buildings or permit anything which will interfere with the rights, comfort, or convenience of other persons in the condominium Units or the common areas. “Quiet Time” is between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- Unit owners are responsible for ensuring that guests and tenants who use their Units are familiar with the rules and regulations of the Orleans Court Condominium Association. Ultimately, Unit owners are responsible for the conduct of the persons occupying their units.
- Smoking is not permitted in any common areas (i.e., the courtyard, pool, or walkways) except for the parking lot. Smokers must place cigarette butts in a proper receptacle.
- The walkways, stairways, and stairway landings of the buildings shall not be obstructed or used for any purpose other than passage to and from the condominium Units. No debris or other matter is to be thrown on walkways or over balconies.
- No beach chairs, beach equipment, shoes, toys, tricycles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, baby carriages/strollers, or similar items shall be allowed to stand in the common walkways, passageways, or courtyard of the buildings. Additionally, there are to be no doormats, rugs, or the like outside the front door of individual Units.
- There shall be no use of skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, or similar vehicles used on the property.
- Objects shall not be hung from the building railings, nor shall anything be shaken, thrown, or lowered from the doors, windows, walkways or balconies. Laundry, beach towels, bathing suits, or other items shall not be be hung to dry on the common walkway or balcony railings. Clotheslines may be installed only on balconies; however, such clotheslines shall not be attached to the building siding. Objects shall not be hung from the doors or windows of the buildings.
- No balcony shall be enclosed, landscaped, or covered by any awning or other object.
- No cooking or grilling shall be permitted on the balconies or in the courtyard. Per the Ocean City Fire Prevention Code, outdoor cooking is permitted a minimum of 20 feet from the building in the East or West parking lots.
- Household trash, including large items, is to be placed in the Dumpster provided behind the west building at the corner of 14oth and Sinepuxent Streets. For items too large for the Dumpster, the owners must make arrangements with the city by calling (410)524-0318.
- No unapproved lockboxes are to be used on or about the building. Any Unit owners who list their Unit for sale must inform the realtor to use the lockbox provided for each Unit owner. Lockboxes are located in the laundry room of each floor. Unit owners may contact the property management company to obtain the code for their lockbox.
- No radio antennae, television antennae, or satellite dish shall be installed on or attached to any building structure without the written consent of the Board of Directors.
- No sign, notice, or advertisement shall be placed in unit windows or entry and balcony doors, or any part of the property with the exception of dated items on the bulletin boards in the laundry rooms.
- The buildings’ common water facilities shall not be used for any purpose other than those for which they were intended. Vehicle washing shall not be allowed on the premises at any time.
- Unit owners may have pets on the premises, but those pets must be registered with the property management company.
- The bicycle racks are for Unit owners and their guests’ use. All bicycles stored must be locked and properly labeled with the owner’s Unit number clearly marked. All owners with inoperable bicycles will be notified that they must make their bicycles operable or discard them. Any bicycles found to be stored without Unit numbers properly labeled will be removed and stored in the condominium basement for a period of thirty days prior to disposal.
- No Unit owner, guest, or tenant shall direct, supervise, or in any other manner attempt to assert control over any employees of the Orleans Court Condominium Association, nor shall he/she attempt to use any employees for the private use of such owner, guest, or tenant.
- The agents of the Board of Directors or the property management company and/or any contractor or workman authorized by the Board of Directors or the property management company may enter any Unit in the buildings during emergencies at any reasonable hour of the day.
- Each Unit owner shall provide one set of keys for his/her condominium Unit to the property management company. Should it become necessary to gain entry into an owner’s unit in an emergency, and a key is not available with the property management company, the Unit owner will pay the cost for having the lock drilled.
Unless it is believed to be an emergency situation, no individual owner should take it upon his/herself to attempt to enforce these rules. If violations of rules are observed they should be reported to the Ocean City Police Department’s non-emergency hotline at (410)723-6600.
- There is NO lifeguard on duty, so all individuals shall swim at their own risk. Orleans Court and the property management company do not assume responsibility for accidents or injuries in connections with such use.
- Anyone wearing diapers or who is not potty-trained is not allowed in the adult pool.
- Anyone wearing bandages or who has an open sore or skin disease may not use either the baby pool or the adult pool.
- Parents or adult guardians of children must be present in the fenced pool area and in constant attention to their children.
- The baby/wading pool is for the use of non-swimming children aged six and under. They must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian aged fourteen or older, who must be present at all times within the baby/wading pool area.
- No diving, running, unsafe, or inappropriate conduct is allowed at any time.
- Radios, tape, and CD players or similar audio equipment may only be used with earphones so as not to disturb other swimmers or people in nearby condo Units.
- No food is permitted in the pool areas at any time. Glass containers are not allowed in the pool or courtyard areas.
- No pets are allowed in the pool or pool areas.
- There will be no reserving of chairs or chaise lounges.
- Pool and/or courtyard furniture shall not be removed from the pool or courtyard areas.
Unless it is believed to be an emergency situation, no individual Unit owner should take it upon him/herself to attempt to enforce these rules. If violations are observed, they should be reported to the non-emergency line of the Ocean City Police Department at (410)723-6600.